Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Post 300. To my gracious neighbour.............

To   my   neighbouress.........
This  morning   pruning  I   was   the   fig   tree,
 that  loving  care   for  my  departed   father
saw  planted  since  he  so  loved   too  munch  figs,
...................
that   growing  brute  which  now  stands  
at one  of   the  little  yard’s  end  
where   loving   works  of  hydraulic-lore   
feed   it   all  the  kitchen    sinks’   
discarded   waters,    repleted    with   
the    mighty  organic   refuse 
that  the  brute   so  loves   to   seep  
at  the   end  of   the   subterranean   drains  
that    the   nourishing    fluids  send  its   way.
.....................
Mighty  the  work   of  hydraulic-lore    was
 that  reminiscent  is  in  its  miniature  way  
of  the  gigantic   feet  that  Romans   
accomplished   for   their   aqueducts   
that  brought   the   springs  of   distant  mountains’  vales
to   their    burgeoning   cities  
that    compared  could   not   be  
to   any  other   in   their  times   of   mighty   deeds.
Was   such  a   planting   and  were  the  further   feats   
accomplished   with  a  design   at   hand, 
inspired   by  Fate,   
by  the   divine   Nymphs,  
by   the   divine   Buddha,   whose   sleep   
my  father's   fig's   Hymaleyan  cousin-trees,   
loved   to  shade  in   HIS   Nirvanic   quests,   
while   HE  even  asleep,   
  my  lovely  neighbouress  to  impress  ?
..............................
While   pruning,  indeed   I   saw,   
that   most  of  the  lower   branches   
which  like   a    Hebrew-Menorah   
rise   from  a  single   stem  as  if  to  offer   to  God  
WHO   to  them  is   indeed  LIGHT,
to  me  is  LOVE,
their   praying  and  probing   buds, 
tended    to   move   in   the   direction 
of   my  neighbouress’    fence  
and  over  it    tresspass   as  if 
in  an   amourous   quest    bound  ?
Ah,   is  it  perchance    that   my   cunning  hand   
the  pruner’s  hand,    was  also   moved    by  Fate
to   cut   so  as   to   direct   the    growth   to   her 
so   as   to  express   my   delight 
in  her   neighbouringness?
Halas,    memory  fails   to   enlighten  me,  
as   when  the   Buddha  in  us  speaks, 
our   subconscious  alone  impressed  is,  
and   memory    involved   is  not,   
this  if  and   when   the  Buddha   truly  speaks, 
but    who  cares,    as  LOVE   knows   no   bounds
but   is  like  skyward-directed   quantum  leaps  ?
................................
I  am  looking   forward  now  to   the   fig-jam 
that  she  can   so  expertly  and  lovingly  make   for  us.
I  am   sure   Buddha,   the  Christ  and   even  Mohammed    
would  have   loved   it  and   shall  love  it   through   my   own  glee,  
as  they   can   all   be    with   me,   in   me.
La',  ila  la',  illaah  Allah !    
   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home