Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Post 166. The Naivity of Science. ( A repeat)

The Roots of Life and Death.
"Eureka" said the scientist!
"To find the roots of life
one must be radical,
one must be bold
to the elemental
one must go, my darling.

What elemental is more then
than a bacteria
or even a virus,
-----one is to life
the other
to death devoted-----
that from a comet
or a metheorite even
may have been
to earth
down brought ? "
Says she.

"Not so " says he," as more elemental
than a virus or bacteria
a gaseous emission would be.
No need to posit
a One called God,
oh my beloved one.
In fact,
to solve the problem,
all one would then have to do
is to find

who was the bugger
who first farted

a long, long time ago."
Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
I admit this is a desperate effort at poetry. Sorry! I was inspired by a Documentary I just saw on TV, that claims life on earth originated from bacteria.

2 Comments:

At October 21, 2009 at 5:27 AM , Blogger AJ said...

I didn't take any offense Attillo, I actually laughed... Oh how your mind must work it fascinates me!
a€my Jo

 
At October 22, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Templar said...

You are a darling Amy Jo and I love Thee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home