Tuesday, May 10, 2011

post 341. My apologies to all Australians.

australianplanet.com



 My  apologies   to   all  Australians.

I   realize  I  am  a   rather   uncouth,    angry,    insulting   sort  of   fellow,    however   I   defend   myself    saying  I  mean   well   and   am    so   because   perhaps   this    is    the  only  way    that    really  reaches    my  fellow   man   and   woman.
Besides  it  is   the real,  unadulterated    way   to  be really  an  Australian,    a  way   now    being  driven  to   extinction   by  our   Rules  of  Engagement  in  all  the   fields  of    human   endeavour.    Where  are  the    guys  of   the   Boer   War,   the   Gallipoli   madness,   the   Flanders  with  their   trenches   and  desperate    encounters    with   machine    guns   and     crater-----making   artillery   rounds,    the    Tobruk  Rats,   the  Kokoda  Grind?     These  are  the   Australians   I   came   to  Australia    to   find  in  the  ideals  of   my    youth.     Increasingly............one   discovers   the   ending  of    equality    and  a  Nation  of     Chefs,  Gourmets,    Sports-Crazied   masses,     Sex---Deviants   overfriendlies..................
One   thing  is  to  be    tolerant   and  another   to  be   too   accomodating   and   compromizing.
Perhaps  the  best    Australians  can  offer   to-day,    there  where   the    ancient,    original   Australian  is   still  to  be    found,    is    their   medical   and   health  caring  programs,    the  result  of    an  innate    all----else-----redeeming    gift............caring.
Anyway.........thanks    for  the   Medical    Care,    your  outstanding   Doctors    and  Surgeons,    the  Nurses   I   inevitably   fall   in  love    with,    especially    the    taking    care  of   my  deafness   with  Hearing  Aids,    and    now   the   TTY   Machine   that  allows   me,    hopefully   to   communicate.
I  am  deeply   grateful,    however   this   shall   not    stop  me   from   keeping  on   being  a  cantankerous,   obnoxious,  deaf,   old,    complaining/wingying,    critical   'bugger'.   
Australia   made   me     so!
And   you  deserve  it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home